Monday, May 11, 2009

Forgotten

Last week was a really hard week. I was dealing with a lot of emotions having to do with my oldest son (15 yrs old) having a girlfriend, and finding out that things were even more serious between them than we thought. And I was driving said son to and from Lifeguarding classes which was an hour round-trip each time dropping off and picking up (so two extra hours of driving on top of all the driving kids around I always do). On top of that, my oldest daughter was having a crisis with her eye. She was diagnosed with Intermediate Uveitis, which is an inflamation of the inner eye. It can be really serious, and she had an appointment in Houston with a pediatric opthalmologist on Thursday, so I was worried sick about that all week -- but aparently hers is not critical right now, although she might still have some recurring problems, right now we can breathe.

Then Friday I had a terrible day. Everything fell apart in the morning, with kids being cranky, kids forgetting important things and needing me to run them by their school, etc. Then I was all off schedule, and made it to my kindergartener's field trip so late that I missed eating lunch with him which was the whole purpose of going, and when I tested Emily so that she could eat lunch with me, she was so high the meter couldn't register it!! I was kind of freaking out, and couldn't figure out how she got so high . . . until I realized that I FAILED TO GIVE HER HER MORNING SHOT!!! So yeah, she had a reason for being so high. And it really stunk because being high makes her need to pee, and the bathrooms close to the playground were broken, so we had to hike a half-mile across a mosquito infested field (I got 7 bites). Then after being there for just a very short time I felt that I needed to hurry home so that I could call the diabetes hotline to find out what I was supposed to do. I got some good advice, got her stablized, but I couldn't get past it. I felt so defeated all day. I just kept wondering why Heavenly Father thought that I could handle all this.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

that really sounds like too much for one person! i truly wish there was something i could do to help.

my sisters always say that families are supposed to live closer together so they can help each other out and that is how big families worked back in the day....

maybe this is true. it certainly couldnt hurt.

at any rate- if there is anything i can do i will. for now, you will be in my prayers. we all love you!

Shauna said...

I am such a whiner. My life isn't any harder than anyone elses I'm sure. I have thought a lot of times about your sister with two diabetic kids!! Thank you so much for your comments of love and support!! You are awesome, and I appreciate you.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

You are not a whiner. You have an incredible amount to deal with. I've never had anything close to that load. Good luck.