Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Amazing!

My sweet little diabetic daughter is so amazing! Here are two examples: One night after dinner, her daddy offered her a jelly belly (about 1 gram of carbs, which is negligible), and she looked at him with a puzzled look and said "but what if I('m) high?" (meaning, what if her blood sugars are too high). Wow. Another time at a swim meet, the swimming kids were all getting a treat, and they didn't do a very good job of being discrete with it, so daddy and I were chiding them for letting her see. One of them said, she doesn't want one anyway, right? and she said, "I can't. I [have] diabetes." I am so thankful for her and her amazing attitude. It isn't all easy, but she is such a blessing.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

i didnt know you had a blog! thomas just said, hey! i didnt know shauna had a blog and i said, She DOES!?!

i guess i just thought you had a commenting profile like so many do- what fun.

Shauna said...

hey there . . . what a surprise! thanks for dropping by and commenting!